- Jan 17, 2022: The entire Wikirating Team wishes everyone (with a delay) a Happy New Year! We are working to update all sovereign credit ratings according to the Sovereign Wikirating Index (SWI). The results will be available end of January, since we will wait for the updated Corruption Perception Index values from Transparency International.
- Nov 8, 2021: Guest authors Dennis Shen and Levon Kameryan present Scope Ratings’ latest annual external vulnerability and resilience risk assessment framework, evaluating countries’ exposure to external-sector risk under current conditions of high uncertainty. The framework is based upon eight core indicators divided along two axes: external vulnerability and external resilience – read the blog article.
- Oct 23, 2021: We have added 26 rated cryptocurrencies and -tokens. In total there are now 252 available rated cryptoassets on Wikirating. For the sake of transparency we also publish unrated cryptoassets. Moreover we also have updated our top 100 cryptoasset list (by market cap) – view the updated list.
- Oct 20, 2021: Now it’s official: After 10 years we have a brand new website! Apart from the framework (we switched from MediaWiki to WordPress) and the design, we also cleaned up the whole platform. More than 1’000 content sites and more than 600 user accounts have been migrated. We also have imported our Wikirating Blog site with all articles. Of course some technical background processes have been optimized as well. We hope that you like our new website – if you have ideas and proposals, feel free to contact us!
- Oct 3, 2021: We celebrate our special Anniversary! 10 years ago Wikirating officially went online. Since then a lot happened. Similar initiatives for unbiased credit ratings, such as INCRA (supported by the Bertelsmann Foundation) or an ‘European Rating Agency’ (supported by Roland Berger management consultancy), failed a couple of years ago – but not Wikirating. We are very proud that we managed to continue our engagement for transparent and unbiased credit ratings until today. There still is a long path to go, but we are very confident about our future. This month we will announce some exciting news – stay tuned!
- Aug 11, 2021: Resilience and New Ways to Rate a Company – by Wikirating supporter Dr. Jacek Marczyk – Probability of Default (PoD) of a company is the central concept behind a conventional rating. Ratings constitute a fundamental link between markets and investors. Their importance cannot be overstated. However, traditional ratings, according to the Credit Rating Agencies themselves, are merely opinions … read the full article (external link)
- Jul 9, 2021: Every Country deserves an unbiased Sustainable Credit Rating. Our planet is on fire – the environmental protection and the sustainable usage of our global resources are one of the most urgent topics humanity has to solve. Unfortunately, most countries still don’t act with the necessary seriousness and decisiveness… read our blog article.
- Jun 30, 2021: Crypto ratings for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple,… how did they evolved during the last 6 months? A brief analysis of eight important cryptoassets – read our blog article.
- Feb 19, 2021: For the first time, all known crypto rating agencies around the world are published in a list – check the list here.
- Jan 11, 2021: With Bitcoin’s 12th birthday and a recent all time high, Wikirating adds the new ‘Cryptoasset list’ for 244 cryptocurrencies and -tokens and announce to join forces with Baserank and Weiss Crypto Ratings for supporting independent crypto ratings – read our press release article.
- Jan 4, 2021: Letter from Bill Harrington, experts board member of Wikirating: “Flip Clause Questions to CFTC, SEC, LSTA, SFA, DBRS, Fitch, Moody’s and S&P” – read the whole letter….
- Jan 1, 2021: Amid the CORONA-19 pandemic, Wikirating has updated 186 country ratings – more than any common credit rating agency, read our blog article for the detailed results.
Wikirating in the News
- Oct 26, 2020: (Swiss Risk Association): TOP 5 – SWISS RISK AWARD 2020 – Wikirating is within the top 5 nominated individuals/teams for the Swiss Risk Award 2020 – see external link.
- Jul 21, 2020 (Middle East North Africa Financial Network – MENAFN): “St Lucia faces economic collapse amid extensive borrowing” – see external link.
- Feb 16, 2014 (t3n – digital pioneers): Wikirating: Why the alternative to established rating agencies relies on swarm intelligence [Interview] (in German) – see external link.
- Jan 24, 2014 (Coindesk.com): Wikirating supports the first Bitcoin ATM in Switzerland. Europe’s first bitcoin ATM made a guest appearance in the city – see external link.
Scope Ratings’ 2021 External Vulnerability and Resilience rankings of 95 nations: Risks for emerging economies amid rising inflation, rates
Download Scope’s 2021 external vulnerability and resilience report and rankings. Scope Ratings’ methodology for assigning sovereign credit ratings is based on five analytical rating pillars, one of which is “external…
Our planet is on fire – the environmental protection and the sustainable usage of our global resources are one of the most urgent topics humanity has to solve. Unfortunately, most…
In January we announced a partnership with the crypto rating agencies Baserank and Weiss Crypto Ratings to publish regularly ratings for cryptocurrencies and -tokens. Since then Wikirating has weekly updated…
Wikirating has today joined forces with Baserank and Weiss Ratings in a strategic alliance to support independent and reliable ratings for Bitcoin and hundreds of other digital assets. Starting now,…
The year 2020 certainly was one of most unpleasant year for humanity. For us it was even more challenging to continue our work for transparent and independent credit ratings, since…
This article summarizes Chapter 5 of Country Risk: The Bane of Foreign Investors by Norbert Gaillard (Springer, July 2020) This chapter focuses on the shocks that may affect firms…